Miscellaneous Task #3: “I’m Your King!” (video clip: Monty Python and the Holy Grail-1975)

In the video, we see a scene from the satirical parody of the legend of King Arthur, Monty Pithon and the Holy Grail. The clip is shown to be funny, as it is meant to bring light to the legend in a way people would understand. First, we see King Arthur arriving to his kingdom by himself, and confusing a man with a woman. This can be seen as oddly sexist. Later on, him and the man had an argument because of this confusion, and an actual woman joins in saying she actually did not know they had a king because of the monarchy being so distant. They also expressed how they didn’t like the method used to choose a king, that being pulling a sword out of a stone, saying it was irrational.

I feel like this way of sharing the topic and making people realize how irrational it actually was is genius. Personally, I tend to like comedy more than a serious movie, and bringing the attention in a funny way is not only entertaining, it’s also effective.