R/W – Activity 13

Fun fact about me: I absolutely LOVE BTS! They are by far my favorite group ever! Not only is their music amazing, their dancing, singing and rapping is incredible! They are such a likeable band, and I admire them a lot. They’re one of those groups who genuinely care about their fans (a.k.a “ARMY’s”) and want them to feel loved, like they have someone who always has their back. This speech is just one of the many reasons they are such a great group. To be completely frank, I have heard this speech many times (it tends to happen when you’ve been a fan of them since 6th grade). One thing I’ve noticed is that not many artists talk about self love the way they do. The way they all (not just Namjoon) talk about self appreciation is very unique. Many people just say “love yourself!” but it’s not easy. Coming from a younger person herself, just “loving yourself” is not easy. We start to think that every mistake is a critical one. That every mistake will absolutely end the world and people will see you differently. Especially celebrities; we see them as perfect most of the time, like their lives were perfect and they somehow stumbled into the spotlight. However, Namjoon reminds people that he has made mistakes; he has faults and he also feels down from time to time, and that does not change who you are; yes, he made mistakes, but he simply accepts it and goes on. Because he knows that those mistakes do not define him as a person. That’s only part of the umbrella term that is self love. I can admit, their Love Yourself albums (which I just so happen to own two of) helped a lot. Althought their songs are in a different language, it’s very easy to search translations. Their message and music is meant for people of all ages, races and countries. There’s so much more I could say about them, but this is just an assignment, so I cannot, because I would be going completely off topic. However, I can say that BTS is one of, if not the most iconic and lovely bands I have ever seen and they are extremely special.